The groups to meet in the hotel lobby near the concierge desk at the designated time.
- Saturday, April 1 | 11:00 AM
- Visit the Iolani Palace area (Admission to the palace would be required but visiting the area is free!) Self-Guided and Guided tours available. Guided tours require a reservation. Iolani Palace is free for members of the Friends of Iolani Palace. Not a member? See their website for additional information. (Transportation is not provided and is approximately 18 minutes via taxi.)
- Saturday, April 1 | Sunday, April 2 | Wednesday, April 5 - 1:00 PM
- Kahanamoku Beach Day! Join your fellow SRA International members for a casual beach afternoon. (This is within walking distance of the hotel. Approximately 6-8 minutes.)
- Shopping at the International Marketplace (Transportation is not provided and is approximately 7-10 minutes via taxi or an 18 minute walk. See concierge for taxi estimate.)
- Visit Downtown Honolulu and the Iolani Palace area (Admission to the palace would be required but visiting the area is free!) Self-Guided and Guided tours available. Guided tours require a reservation. Iolani Palace is free for members of the Friends of Iolani Palace. Not a member? See their website for additional information. (Transportation is not provided and is approximately 18 minutes via taxi.) Guided tours for the Iolani Palace on Wednesday, April 5 are available at 9:00 AM, 9:15 AM, 9:45 AM & 10:00 AM.
Paid Suggestions (no official “group” or rate)
These are independent offerings and guests will need to make their own reservations:
- Sunday, April 2 - Hollywood Movie Sites & Ranch Tour (5 hour) - $130/adult
Hop aboard a vintage school bus and travel into the Kaʻaʻawa Valley to see where many Hollywood blockbuster movies and TV shows are filmed. Look at the setting for Jurassic Park, find Godzilla’s footprints, see the battleground that featured in the World War II film Windtalkers and visit other locations seen on screen in 50 First Dates and Lost. You might even see a film shoot in progress. Your guide shares entertaining stories about the ranch and movies shot on-site throughout the tour
- Sunday, April 2 – Outrigger Waikiki Resort Hotel, Blood, Sweat, and Tears, 9:00 pm -- $55
It’s been five decades since drummer/producer Bobby Colomby and friends assembled the first group to successfully blend rock and jazz into a genre-crossing sound and style. So successfully in fact, that the band’s second album, Blood, Sweat & Tears, topped the Billboard charts for many weeks and beat out the Beatles’ Abbey Road for the prestigious Album of the Year Grammy award. That album produced three major hit singles: “You Made me so Very Happy,” “Spinning Wheel,” and “And When I Die.” But now Colomby is looking for much more as he develops Blood Sweat & Tears into a contemporary voice, one that reaches beyond a single, nostalgic audience.
- Sunday, April 2 & Wednesday, April 5 - Helicopter Tours (45 min) - $235/adult Oahu Helicopter Tour
View Oahu's landmarks from the air on this 45-minute helicopter tour. With commentary from a professional pilot, fly over sights like Honolulu Harbor, Keehi Lagoon, Magic Island and Ala Moana Beach Park. Be sure to bring your camera for excellent aerial photo ops. A DVD of your flight and round-trip transportation from select Oahu hotels are included.
- Monday, April 3 - 3/4 Day Shared (6hrs) Deep Water Fishing Excursion | $210 + fees/taxes 6:00 AM - 12:00 PM
53 Foot Hatteras Luxury Air Conditioned Sport Fishing Vessel Based in Honolulu. All prices are per person and include rods, reels, tackle, bait. (Shared charters require 4 passengers to operate). Captain JR Chalker and crew will take you on the ultimate fishing adventure, aboard Strikeology a 53’ Hatteras with a five-star safety rating from the United States Coast Guard. Strikeology is large and comfortable, offering custom rods equipped with Shimano Tiaga reels from light tackle to big game. If you’re not a die-hard angler or just want sometime away from your lines, no worries, they also offer WiFi, a PS3, and air-conditioning. Even better, she is outfitted with Naiad stabilizers, which cuts back on the roll of the vessel, decreasing the occasional bouts of unpleasant sea sickness that can happen to even the most experienced angler. Docked at the Ala Wai harbor, Strikeology offers the closest fishing charter to Waikiki and is next to the world-famous Waikiki Beach. Most of the hotels on the beach are only a few minutes from the beautiful boat. The Captain and crew have more than fifty-years of combined experience fishing the waters of Hawaii and know where, when, and how to find the fish.
- Wednesday, April 5 - Luxury Island Mini Coach Tour (all day) - $155/adult
This is the perfect tour for people who want to experience the whole island in one day. Engage with local legends and Hawaiian history as your experienced guide provides insight to locations around Hawaii's "gathering island. "Recline in a luxury mini coach, equipped with all the amenities and large viewing windows on all sides. A knowledgeable guide offers information about Hawaii's culture and history as you begin your journey through Oahu. When your board, enjoy fresh, baked bread made with local fruit—Lilikoi. Explore the famous North Shore beaches, including Waimea Bay and Sunset Beach, where all-star professionals and local surfers come to show off their talents. Take a trip to the world-famous Dole Pineapple Planation to ride the "Pineapple Express" train. Grab some goodies to take home from the Tropical Macadamia Nut Farm.
The Society of Research Administrators International (SRA International) is providing the links and documents above solely for information purposes and they are not to be construed, under any circumstances, by implication or otherwise, to endorse as an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy or sell through SRA International. Information is provided to SRA International from sources believed to be reliable, but is in no way guaranteed. Each person is responsible for their own expenses. SRA International is not responsible for any expenses that are not included and named in the registration rates for the 2017 Western/Northeast Section meeting in Honolulu, HI.