Submit a Speaking Proposal - now closed
For any questions, please contact Dilyana Williams.
The Society of Research Administrators International is currently looking for informed subject experts to speak at the 2018 SRA International Annual Meeting. We are seeking speakers who can contribute new insights and/or practices. New and previous speakers are welcomed!
Speaking at an SRA International Annual Meeting provides you with an excellent opportunity to share your knowledge and learning experiences, increase your exposure, and network with other Research Administrators and Research Managers from around the world!
Information for the Speaker
- How to submit a speaking proposal?
- Click on "Submit A Speaking Proposal". You are going to be transferred to an external website.
- Please Create an Account if this is the first time you access the submission system. Please note that the system remembers your log-in information from previous years based on your email address that you have used.
- Once you create an account (if this is your first time logging in), the system will remember your Username and Password for future reference, edits and more submissions.
- You could edit your submission(s) until the deadline of the Call for Proposals, Friday, February 2, 2018.
- What are my responsibilities?
- Before you start with the online submission process, please review the Submission Guidelines, SRA International Speaker Guidelines, Format Descriptions, and the Track Descriptions.
- Complete the online speaking proposal submission to conduct a workshop, concurrent session and/or a learning cafe.
- Once your proposal is accepted, you will be required to sign and agree to the Speaker Guidelines.
- Update your proposal if needed, add co-speakers and any AV requirements no later than Monday, July 16, 2018.
- Provide a PowerPoint presentation by the deadline. Headquarters to print and distribute workshop handouts to registered attendees and post handouts online for concurrent sessions. These must be submitted no later than Monday, September 24, 2018.
- How long are the presentations? You could choose between 75-minute concurrent sessions, half- and full-day workshops (held on Saturday and Sunday before the conference) and learning cafes. For more detailed information on formats please review the Format Descriptions page.
- Which tracks are going to be offered at the 2018 Annual Meeting? There are eight (8) tracks that are offered at this year's Annual Meeting. For full description please review the Track Descriptions page.
- What certificates are offered at the 2018 Annual Meeting? The 4 certificates offered in full at the meeting are: Research Development (RD) (NEW Grantsmanship), Practice of Research Administration and Management (PRAM), Research Integrity (RI) and Research Law (RL).
- How many proposals can I submit? There is no limit on the number of proposals you may submit, however a speaker cannot present in more than 1 workshop and 2 concurrent sessions.
- When will I hear about whether my proposal was accepted? The proposals are going to be reviewed December 2017-March 2018. Notifications will be sent in April 2018.
- Can I make changes to my proposal once I have submitted it? Yes. Speakers can edit at any time their submissions through the online system by the end of the proposal deadline January 22, 2018.
- Deadline for submission: Friday, February 2, 2018, Midnight US ET
- December 2017 – March 2018: Proposals reviewed by the Annual Meeting Programming Committee
- April 2018: Speakers notified about their proposal status. Speakers whose presentations were accepted will have an opportunity to edit submission, including information related to speakers, learning objectives, AV requirements, etc.
- Monday, July 16, 2018: Speaker Confirmations due
- Monday, September 24, 2018: Presentations due (concurrent sessions ongoing posted online)
What does SRA International provide?
- SRA International will support the speakers with any questions in regard to the program and the logistics.
- SRA International will advertise the program, track all program attendance and provide all program registrants with a confirmation e-mail. SRA International will also help respond to e-mail and telephone inquiries about the program.
- SRA International will provide all registrants with continuing education credit hours.
- SRA International will handle all technical aspects of the Annual Meeting. The rooms are going to be equipped with LCD projectors and possible AV requirements per the speaker's request (flip chart and markers, Internet, etc.).
- SRA International is a volunteer organization. No reimbursement or stipends are being offered.