The National Institute of Standards and Technology (US Department of Commerce) implemented the Special Publication 800-171, entitled "Protecting Controlled Unclassified Information in Nonfederal Systems and Organizations," which required implementation by December 31, 2017. This webinar will share an implementation strategy for one institution. During this webinar, you will hear about the challenges of implementing an unfunded mandate with limited resources and guidance.
Discussion topics include:
- An overview of protected information under NIST 800-171.
- Pathways to determining stakeholders.
- Determining affected projects and activities.
- Communication and implementation strategies for sponsored programs.
- Examples of access controls and requirements mandated NIST 800-171.
- Sample policy language.
This webinar is intended for pre- and post-award specialists, contract specialists and regulatory compliance managers.
- Obtain an overview of the requirements contained in NIST 800-171.
- Gain strategies for implementation of NIST 800-171.
- Receive examples of materials that can be modified for use at your institution.
Pre-registration closes Tuesday, March 27. There will be a late registration fee of $15 per person/group added after this deadline.
Membership Discount not available to Chapter Members.