Are you interested in learning about how your organization can partner with the European Union’s Horizon 2020 framework program for research and innovation?
Please join the US Department of State, AAAS (American Association for the Advancement of Science), the American Friends of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, NCURA (National Council of University Research Administrators) and the Society of Research Administrators International on Tuesday, January 10 for an overview of the Implementing Arrangement between the US Government and European Commission to enhance transatlantic cooperation on science, technology and innovation. This is also an opportunity to have your questions answered about how this new Arrangement might be able to benefit your organization.
On October 17, 2016, the US Ambassador to the European Union, Anthony Gardner and the European Commissioner for Research and Innovation, Carlos Moedas, signed an Implementing Arrangement between the Government of the United States of America and the European Commission to enhance transatlantic cooperation on science, technology and innovation.
Previous to the Implementing Arrangement, any US institution that joined a Horizon 2020 research project was required to sign the Horizon 2020 grant agreement regardless of whether or not the US researcher received any funds from the European Commission. The new Implementing Arrangement allows for US researchers with their own sources of funding to collaborate with a Horizon 2020 research project WITHOUT having to sign the Horizon 2020 grant agreement. This approach has the potential to create new transatlantic research partnership opportunities, supported by the EU’s signature Horizon 2020 research funding program and US federal, state, private and foundation funds.
Please RSVP by Friday, January 6, 2017, at 3:00 PM, with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Full Name (as appears on ID)
- Affiliation (please spell out acronyms)
- Driver’s License (with State of issuance) or Passport Number (with country of issuance)
Please be prepared to present photo identification at the door.
Registration begins at 8:30 AM. Opening Remarks will be at 9:30 AM. Please arrive early to allow 30 minutes for security screening.
- Event: US - EU Workshop on Cooperation with the EU’s Framework Programs for Research and Innovation
- Date: Tuesday, January 10, 2017
- Time: 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM
- Meeting Location: The East (Burns) Auditorium, Department of State 2201 C Street, NW, Washington, DC
- Building Entrance: United States Department of State – Harry S. Truman Building 21st Street Entrance, at the intersection of 21st Street and Virginia Avenue