SRA International is a professional networking community of learners. One way to gain knowledge and expertise is to share our stories of successful achievements with our peers and colleagues. Often research managers/administrators are cast in the role of promoting, supporting and applauding others. While this may be gratifying in many respects, it is also healthy to have pride in one’s own accomplishments. Kudos Korner offers SRA International members a wonderful and respectful venue for sharing and “bragging.”
Scott Niles, PhD, CRA
Director, Research Integrity & Compliance
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
Morehead State University
SRAI member since 2011
Dr. Scott Niles, a grants and contracts administrator in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at Morehead State University since 2007 was promoted to Director of Research Integrity & Compliance in July 2016. In his new role, Scott directs daily and long-range operations regarding compliance management of all sponsored projects, the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), the Institutional Review Board (IRB), and the Intellectual Property (IP) Committee. He is responsible for subaward management and monitoring, the negotiation and review of award documents, and compliance-related policy development. He also serves as Morehead State University’s Research Integrity Officer and Institutional Official.
Have Something to Share in Kudos Korner?
If you would like to share your story – please see the criteria below with some examples of noteworthy items of interest to the SRA International community that could be submitted to The Kudos Korner:
• Recently published papers (e.g., articles, chapters, books, etc.)
• Presentations (e.g., posters, sessions, workshops, video, web, etc.)
• Professional Awards and Prizes (e.g., grants, contracts, honorary prizes/awards)
• Recently earned degrees or professional accreditation (e.g., CRA, CIP, etc.)
• Other honors (e.g., promotions, contest winners, organizational citations/recognition)
• Transitions (e.g., new jobs, homes, family, retirement)
Please note that we will try and publish as many submissions as possible each month, but SRA International reserves the right to delay publication for future use or to edit and/or omit at its discretion.
Send requests for more information and all submissions via email to Debra Schaller-Demers at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make all attempts to confirm receipt of your submission and inform you of acceptance for publication. Please use this wording in the Subject Line of your email: SRAI Kudos
Be sure to include the following information:
• Name (First, Last)
• Email and phone number if we need more information
• Geographic Location (City, State, Country)
• SRAI Member Since _________ (YYYY)
• A separately attached headshot jpg file
• Description of your honor/accomplishment (limited to 500 words)